[RC] lowering costs of hay - Nancy Reed

Here in my neighborhood we have been buying truck/trailer loads of hay direct from the grower and splitting it between several of us.  So far we have saved about $4 a bale. This takes some organization and working with the different needs of each neighbor, but over all we are very happy with the savings.  We were really spoiled as we had a wonderful hay dude that delivered and staked the best hay at the best prices.  Unfortunately, our hay dude did not want to be bucking hay at 50 and retired.  Those were the good old days w/ beautiful 130 – 150 lb, 3 string bales at $9 each!  Can I ask Santa for some of that for Christmas?

Nancy Reed

Lazy J Ranch

Elfin Forest, CA