[RC] Ad week: Treat your horse to an SR Saddle! - Naomi Preston

For those of you still searching for the right fitting saddle for your horse, I'd like to recommend the SR Enduro Saddle by Steve Gonzales.

I've been using the same Enduro saddle for nearly 20 years, and it's been refitted for 4 different horses.  (from Mustang Lady, and now to her daughter Karlady).  The fact that a saddle can still be functional for endurance after 20 years is a testament to Steve's excellent craftsmanship and high quality materials.  What really makes his saddles unique, though, is the figure-8 flexible fiberglass tree, which fits the moving horse, allowing for true freedom of movement. Steve developed this unique tree design based on his superior understanding of the horse's anatomy during movement.  And unlike a treeless saddle, the Enduro provides a greater weight distribution area over the horses's back.  Which is really important for me, but even more so for my heavy Heavyweight husband, Lee, who weights in at 260 lbs.  Vet's are frequently commenting at rides on how great Lee's horses' backs look -- especially considering the weight they're carrying.  His horses haven't had any back soreness issues -- and we credit Steve's superior saddle for this.

Another plus for me is that the Enduro let's me ride in a balanced  position -- and the stirrup positioning can be adjusted to fine-tune your leg placement.  I'm a big believer in balanced riding -- as taught by pro's like Donna Snyder-Smith, and Peggy Cummings, and Steve's saddle helps me achieve that.

My horses' comfort, freedom of movement and longevity are really important to me, and I'd highly recommend Steve's saddles to anyone considering a saddle change.

Check out Steve's website,  www.endurance.net/ srsaddle/saddles.html  or better yet, give him a call and find out more about his saddle -541-317-0135.  He's also a proud sponsor of Endurance.net!

Naomi Preston