[RC] Cutting Horse Costs - sandy rovane

I am on a relatively small fixed income and throughout the Summer I purchased
hay at 15$ per bale and have it tarped outside as well as in the feed room and
one stall. Hay is now 20$.  My horses are blanketed from today on because it
has finally turned cold and is snowing . Because I blanket I don't need to
increase their feed, also that is my business so "I can."   By purchasing two
good quality blankets in the Summer when they go on sale each has one to wear
and one just in case. I use stable mix as well as cubes that I have hauled all
Summer also. I feed on mats for the hay and so no waste.  I get bang for my $.
My horses are stalled at night and get their own ration without having to fight
off the more dominant horse.  The run free in the woods during the day and are
on their 8th year without much damage as I bought GOOD blankets. The key is
1200 denier at least, waterproof and fill according to your weather.  My
cleaning them thoroughly with a
good blanket business the fabric stay good and the stitching does not rot.  I
have learned how to trim and use boots while not competing.  I have 4 big
horses and 2 minis so it is quite a herd and I love each and every one and will
keep learning how to do more of my own things to save money.  Here where I live
in Georgetown CA we are having some of the horse tied to trailers as well as
just turned loose.  I also am saying NO to taking on others unwanted critters,
not because I don't care but because I do care.  I am caring for my
responsibilities.