[RC] Paddi's back home - Maryanne Gabbani

Well, just to reassure everyone, Paddi should be back in Edmonton today sometime and will be at the AERC convention with a gazillion pictures of her trip here and some very fun and funky Arab tack/decorations that we had a ball searching out in old Cairo. We postponed her departure once due to germs, but we ran out of reasons finally. We had a fine time here despite some of Egypt's worst weather (yeah, all Canadians may now stop rolling on the floor laughing) and a truly outstanding rotten cold that we all shared. Some genius managed to cut three undersea internet cables near Alexandria last week bringing our net connection to near zero so it's been really hard to send or receive emails for a while and will continue to be problematic for the next week. Once I have some speed I'll be able to upload a bunch of photos...Paddi already has some that I got done on her Flickr account...user name Canadian Trail House.

I have to say that we are probably some sort of twins separated at birth, despite differences in age, height, colouring and almost everything else. Paddi's a great traveler and lots of fun to show around my wacky country. She even managed to leave me with a tiny purebred Egyptian Baladi Desert Dog who hopefully will be on a plane to Edmonton sometime in the next month if I can arrange it. Subsequent visitors will be given dog-blinders the minute they arrive. <G>

It looks like Jackie Floyd and her daughter Jocelyn will be the next visitors in the Ridecamp exchange. They are supposed to be coming in early June. I must say that Ridecamp has given me some of my best visitors so far. Keep up the good work.

Maryanne

--
Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
msgabbani@xxxxxxxxx