From: diana2507@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Early handling
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 07:17:27 -0600

Hmmm... This is interessting about the "Early handling" .

I have never raised a horse before ..i always got other peoples throw away horses. With behaviors I had to fix.
Two years ago i got my first foal. I took him home when he was 4 month old. I have raised him and trained him I used John Lyons and Parelli methods and i even bought Clinton Andersons "Brining up a foal".

I thought i would leave the foal and mother together till the foal was 6 month..but dicited against it when i sah the foal kicking his mom with both hind feet to get her to move over so he could drink. He  was quiet a hand full ..... I thought ...no way buddy , this behavior is a little to rough for my opinion.

So i took him home ....He is now 22 month old . Has been loading in a trailer ( without a halter on him , just my arm over his neck ) since he was 6 month old. He backs and yields to pressure with just a wiggle of my finger in any direction.  He plays ball with me...like a dog hahah i trow it he brings it back . He is an all around respectfull young horse  . He has not been ridden ( I will wait till he gets a little older and his growth plates in his knees have closed.) He is 15 hands tall.

He is the best thing that ever happend to me :-) I have never raised a foal , because i didn't have the understanding , I have learned and studied and know i have  a great horse. I am sooo exited about this.

AND i would do it again.

This is Oliver Bin Anwar... in u Tube :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVwlMvK_q8&mode=user&search=

My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus
Phil 4:19
~~____(\
  .../< >\