[RC] Getting out of breeding - Dodie Sable

Title: Message

So you're not keeping any for fun in endurance? Do you have any with a minimum of 1,000 comopletion AERC miles? (high-mileage)  Why so sudden?

It's not sudden, I've been studying on this decision since last spring 2007.  It's taken me one year to get off the fence and just do it.

Maybe my post wasn't clear.  I am not shutting down New Promise Farms ... I am shutting down the breeding.  I will still be boarding, training, running endurance, and having fun!  I am keeping my two best horses for endurance.  I intend to concentrate on endurance riding, mentoring new riders and training/conditioning horses for people that want to get started in this sport.  I have had so much fun, I want to concentrate all my "horsie energy" to getting more people into the adventures.

Also, I am *NOT* giving my horses away.  I am not in panic mode. I am simply offering for sale horses that have not been available to purchase before now.  They are excellent horses, each with their own special talents.  Most of them are/were successful on the endurance trail and have produced high mileage foals.  A couple of them are still competing and will make superb distance horses for a starting person as they already know their job and are good at it.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

PS:  To the person who said I should geld Shark - shame on you!  He has produced some of the most tremendous foals I have ever met who have matured into excellent sport horses, competing in the top ribbons on a regular basis.  Besides that, unless you looked underneath, you'd never even know he was a stallion.  He teaches in my lessons program for years, training small children and scared adults how to enjoy a horse.

Dodie says:  Life is not about avoiding the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain..