[RC] track horses - Sheila_Larsen

As April said these horses bite because of the conditions they are kept
under.  They go out for exercise in the morning (breezing or training
sprints) that takes maybe half hour, come back are walked or put on a
walker for about an hour,  they are feed a fair amount of grain, usually
oats that may or may not be boiled, boiled flaxseed (at least that is what
we did because as we all know flaxseed unboiled is poisonous - try and tell
anything different to the trainers I worked for), alfalfa and hopefully
grass hay but in my experience probably not, but maybe mixed.  Although
most horses will have hay in front of them all day they are so jacked up
because they are young bored thoroughbreds getting them to eat is a
challenge.  I for one unless I was in the stall with them did not reprimand
them for bad behavior when they were in their stalls and I was going by.
These horses aren't doing it because they are necessarily bad (although
maybe the more aggressive ones are more competitive I don't know) but they
are young and more full of energy than they know what to do with.  I
personally never had trouble with any of them in their stall regardless of
their biting at people when they went by.

In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have.  Eleven-hundred pounds of raw
muscle,
power, grace, and sweat between your legs
- it's something you just can't get from a pet hamster.  ~Author Unknown