Re: [RC] New Endurance Horse Electrolyte Research - recklessheartranch

Beth --

Hyper means "HIgh" or too much. Hypo means "low" or too little.

"emia" means in the blood (as I recall)

So Hyernatremia is high sodium (salt) in the blood

and hyperchloremia is too much Chloride.

Both are electrolytes, along with potassium.

This stuff I know from being a nurse.

But I would love to hear from vets as to how electrolyte imbalance effects
horses. I know with people too lttle potassium can actually mess up cardiac
function.

Can it do that with a horse?

Katrina