[RC] Heeding warning - I was there - Vallonelee

The woman with the horse that bit can only do so much. She can warn the others verbally - which she did. She cannot force someone to not move in beside them. After the warning that is done at others own risk.

I was the second person involved in this accident.  I arrived before Susan and joined the group that had taken our vet bags to the VC.  We camped next to these people all weekend.  At no time during our camping, or upon my arrival at the BC was I warned about this horse's behavior.  When I arrived to pick up my things I WAS NOT WARNED.  I did not have the benefit of moving off to another place to avoid my injury.

When I came into the check, I immediately went to retrieve my bag that was sitting right in front of this mare.  I was not told she would bite or kick (something I later learned she was doing on trail - without benefit of a red ribbon in her tail to warn others).  I stood there talking for a minute before Susan came up - and did not hear her warn Susan because I was on the other side of Susan's horse.  So her warning was not made in such a way that someone (me) could realize what was happening and I was only three feet away from her.

This is a very popular ride - with over 150 horses entered and a small VC - lots of commotion and by it's nature crowded.  There is no way that I feel that horse should have been at a public venue.
As the owner of any animal, you have a responsibility to protect the public.  I owned a dog that would bite, I warned people but I also crossed the street, muzzled her and did not allow anyone to approach - *I* moved off because the owner has the ultimate responsibility to protect the public - just ask any attorney.

Lee

Lee
"An individual has a healthy personality to the exact degree to which they have the propensity to look for the good in every situation".  Ralph Waldo Emerson