[RC] Right of Way...in National Parks.... - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

If ever there should be a time to wake up and take a stand in defense of our National Park System now is the time.

<  - an amendment that forbids the National Park Service
    from restricting hunting, fishing, or guns anywhere
    along the trail, overriding all local laws.  This is
    interesting to me in that it is an example of the
    hunting and gun lobby using the Republicans
    (in this case, the Rep from Ogden, Utah) to protect
    their interests.  It is even more interesting since
    the Democrats are willing to accept this amendment.>

If this is true...adding this amendment does not bode well for pleasure riding, endurance riding, competitive trail, or any other activity on horse back.  Does anyone know if this is in fact the case that is before the committee right now?  I have not been able to find anything of this sort on line.  I would think that the Sierra Club would be all over this issue.   Linda, do you have a website to go to?