[RC] Issuing and Heeding warnings (was: Biting horse) - sherman

Would that simple warning be acceptable if the horse in question is a stallion?

Why or why not?

Kathy

One of my favorite Ron White acts goes into what is it about NO you don't understand. Is it the "N" or the "O." "My" - that word has a pretty obvious meaning. "Horse" also doesn't rise to the level of multiple ambiguities. Mr. Webster is pretty clear with the word bite: verb "To cut, grip or tear with the teeth", :to pierce the skin with the teeth, fangs or mouthparts."

"My horse bites" is very explicit. At some point it is the responsibility of the person warned to have a basic understanding of the English language and heed the warning that seems is very obvious in the statement "my horse bites."

IMO the warning was sufficient - it was succinct, it was to the point and there was not ambiguity - the horse bites. Enough said.

Truman