Re: [RC] Biting Horse at Ride - Rebecca Fabiszak

I guess I should have qualified this by saying that this is how the horse should have been treated the first time it exhibited this behavior. Had it been treated this way, the behavior should have been changed. It certainly worked for my daughter's filly. We had her at the vet's and she was showing that she was going to bite, and bite hard, had wrinkles under her eye. Our vet went after her like "white on rice". She nipped me once after this, knew she was "in trouble, mom's pissed" tried to leave the area quickly as she was without a halter, reared up as she left the stall, slammed her head on the wood as she exited the stall, fell backwards onto her side and thought that I had done it to her. Nothing like self-discipline. She has not offered to nip since. Beccy