[RC] Issuing and Heeding warnings (was: Biting horse) - k s swigart

Here is my take on when I issue a warning to somebody.

I watch them to make sure that they have heeded the warning.  And if
they aren't heeding the warning, then I will either continue to watch
them if I think I can forestall any problems by watching out for them
too, will re-issue the warning, or will just get myself far enough away
so that I am not even tangentally involved in their stipidity for not
heeding a warning.

So, if I were the person with the horse that bites, and I had told the
person who moved to within striking distance of my horse's teeth that
they should be careful because they might get bit, and then that person
stayed within striking distance of my horse's teeth, I would either go
somewhere else with my horse, or ask that person to go somewhere else
('cuz I was there first????).

Personally, I consider it my responsibility, after having issued a
warning, to ensure that the person I have issued it to has understood.

If I had a biting parrot, and didn't want to have to watch the parrot
all the time to make sure that it didn't bite the unsuspecting, or even
those who were too stupid to heed the warning; I would keep it out of
the way of unsuspecting or stupid people.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)