Re: [RC] [RC] Biting Horse at Ride - heidi larson

I did an appraisal once for a house on a TB farm, the owner
told me I could tour the barns, just "don't pet the
stallion in the end box" he held up his hand and showed his
missing little finger and said, "he took this off last
year."  I DID NOT pet the stallion!

heidi

--- Genevieve <callmedot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In my opinion equids are MORE dangerous than dogs, mostly
just because of
their size and strength. My boss at a stud ranch I used
to work at told me a
story about a friend of hers. Her friend was walking one
of her stallions
past the paddock of another stallion. The instant the
stallion she was
walking smelled the other one he immediately turned,
grabbed a hold of her
upper arm with his teeth and ripped all the meat off the
bone. She lived but
she completely lost the use of that arm. That stallion
had never been
especially violent, nor did he even have the tendency to
bite like the
horses we've been discussing. He was just responding to
one of his stallion
instincts, to fight to the death against any stallion
opposition he may
encounter. Any horse can be dangerous for any reason at
any time and the
resulting injury can be fatal, and often is.

On Jan 28, 2008 11:07 AM, Sisu West Ranch