Re: [RC] [RC] Biting Horse at Ride - Genevieve

In my opinion equids are MORE dangerous than dogs, mostly just because of their size and strength. My boss at a stud ranch I used to work at told me a story about a friend of hers. Her friend was walking one of her stallions past the paddock of another stallion. The instant the stallion she was walking smelled the other one he immediately turned, grabbed a hold of her upper arm with his teeth and ripped all the meat off the bone. She lived but she completely lost the use of that arm. That stallion had never been especially violent, nor did he even have the tendency to bite like the horses we've been discussing. He was just responding to one of his stallion instincts, to fight to the death against any stallion opposition he may encounter. Any horse can be dangerous for any reason at any time and the resulting injury can be fatal, and often is.