Re: [RC] common thread in first horse stories - Marirose Six

I too, was a lesson kid. Although, back then they called us barn brats. Got dropped off in the morning (or after school) & stayed 'til dark (or later). I took english lessons, cleaned the barn, rode anything that needed ridden & played with the other barn brats. :o) I finally got my first horse at 13---Pooky was a bay QH with a heart of gold. He was green as far as jumping went, but he always went. I didn't know until my 2nd horse a year later that Pooky let me learn every bad habit in the book. The next horse, TB-Katie, was also green as far as jumping went. My bad habits didn't give her confidence, so she'd quit---a lot. However, she became my best teacher---first I taught her everything wrong, then I had to learn to fix her. She took me through the show years, learned to play polo with me, occasionally chased cows & of course, trail rides! We still have her first baby, Denny.

Marirose

Yeeeeeee Hawwwww