[RC] common thread in first horse stories - Michelle Aquilino

I suppose I'm one of those "rare" endurance riders who grew up with lessons, ha ha.  I wasn't lucky enough to grow up with these sorts of opportunities you all are talking about ;-)  I took lessons from a young age, and then grew tired of learning how to "jump higher", and go in circles, I just wanted to go out on the trail, so I ended up quitting.  I found out about endurance riding while I was in college, volunteered at a local ride after graduation, and after a year and a half of helping others condition their horses, I got my first horse.  She hasn't gotten me out of the saddle yet ;-) but as you've heard, she's smart and dominant, and my confidence had been lacking on the ground, so we have had our share of issues.  Oh well, less exciting start, but the end is quite similar, out on the trail riding forever in all sorts of crazy weather ;-)

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"