[RC] Ticks????Help!! - tim miller

There are a number of different ticks.

In the NE, the most common, left attached, will swell up to the size of a grape sucking blood.

As far as is known, the above does not carry lyme.  In our infected areas, it is the "deer tick" that carrys lyme, smaller than a period, you'll never see them on any mammal or yourself unless really lucky.  The complete cycle is mice, deer, mammal.  Often times, a human bitten will develop a red circle or patchy red spots if the deer tick is infected.

There's a lot they don't know about lyme and horses.  Have one who just completed treatment.  There's apparently a lot of horses with lyme, but never show any clinical signs.  My vets informed me they would not bother taking/measuring titers several months out, the readings are not conclusive and can be all over the place.  They will go strictly on the clinical signs.

Tim Miller