Re: [RC] chevrons - Dot Wiggins

Don't know if they still have them or not but AERC used to send a round patch with the AERC logo.  I put the chevrons over or under it depending on the way they curved.   Last several won't fit on the old jacket.  I'll have to think of another place to put them.  Maybe I can get new ones to replace the old ragged ones for another spot.   (:>)

----- Original Message -----
From: Anna Wolfe
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 12:13 PM
Subject: [RC] chevrons

I have my chevrons sewn on a jacket I won for first to finish a number of years ago ? seemed like a good place to put them!  I must admit, I don?t wear it as much as my Fort Stanton jacket!

By the way, did anyone notice that the 2000 mile patch goes the ?other? (wrong) way?  I thought maybe they would change over, but all the low numbers, and my 3000 mile patch curve upwards, and the 2000 mile patch curves downward ? makes it difficult to stitch them next to one another.  If all the higher ones curved down that would be fine ? I just started on the other sleeve, but with the reversion to the curve up, I am mystified!

Anna Wolfe

Des Moines, NM