Re: [RC] Wind Farms near Virginia City and Carson City not off topic - Kathy Mayeda

One of my barn buddies is a wildlife biologist charged with
inventoring raptor kill at the Altamont pass wind farms.  She sent us
a picture of a beautiful horned owl that had it's wing sheared off by
a blad and had to be put down at the rescue center.  I believe  there
are wind turbines that have blades that are a little more bird
friendly.

I don't think wind farms are much of a fire risk - at least at
Altamont - because it sits on a pretty barren hillside.

Someone just told me he took  Amtrak from Martinez to Fresno and saw a
large wind farm he didn't know existed before.

Remember, wind is renewable energy and does not produce carbon in the
air.  There are plus sides to this.  I don't think the two windfarms
mentioned above are in desirable riding areas anyway, and it could be
the case for the proposed wind farms too.

K.