RE: [RC] Fur Lined Thongs - Paul

G'Day Jay,

Of course I knew you were referring to footwear when the referance to fur lined thongs came up in the Shahzada pre ride booklet. What else could it have been?

 My surprise was the recommendation of open toed footwear when dealng in close proximity with spirited horses.. Here in the USA, many times our horse are not so well  mannered as to avoid the occasional stepping on our toes  Many of our riders prefer to wear trunks when around horses.. (I believe in  Australia, what we call a "trunk" is known to your people as a "boot".) As silly as it may seem, many of our riders wear "boots" when around horses. Very rarely will you see an endurance rider here in a pair of thongs, fur lined or otherwise. Must be a cultural thing?

Here in America, away from horses,  fur lined thongs are very popular. In fact many of our shopping malls have stores with an extensive selection of fur lined thongs with a large variety of colors and sizes to choose from. On your next visit here you must stop by a Victoria's Secret shop, as they have one of the widest selections to choose from. You need only walk through the door and loudly announce that you are there to pick out a pair of fur lined thongs for yourself and want to try some on for fit. When they ask if you want to use the dressing room, just tell them you can try them on right there in the aisle. You will be amazed at the attention you will receive from the sales staff.  (You need not mention my name as referring you there. Making your visit here memorable is thanks enough) . I'm sure if I ever were to come to Australia you would offer to help me in a similar way.

I was very excited about Shahzada until I examined all the import regulations for my horse. Maybe someday I'll just come to watch.

Yours

Paul N. Sidio
(Non-thong wearer)
Spokane Mo