[RC] One more English Saddle Question - Angie Fura

Hi everyone - I have one more question.  I currently ride in a Synergist but am thinking of switching back to an English style saddle.  I rode English before I started endurance and I would like to return to it.  I've been really, really working on equitation lately and I think going back to English will help me.

I've found two saddles that fit my budget: an Arabian Solstice with a 19" seat and a Courbette Kurfurst with an 18" seat.  Both are used and both have gullets wide enough for my horse.  My question is about the seat size.  I ride with a sheepskin saddle cover and I have a large bum.  I'm not sure if English saddles nowadays run standard or if there is variation like you have with womens' jeans (I'm a Levi's size 10 petite, but an LL Bean size 12 go figure!).  I have noticed some variation in English saddles.  I ride in a 17" English all purpose saddle (without seat cover) when schooling.  Its a little tight, but it works.  I also rode in an Wintec Isabelle 18" without a cover and it was too small.

Can anyone tell me if the Solstice seats run large?  Unfortunately, I can't demo it.

Angie Fura

www.tracetribute.com