Re: [RC] nosebands for S-hackamores - rides2far

>>>I also something on the net called a beetle hackamore - it has curved back shanks (about the same length as an S)

Always be aware that shanks tend to catch on the side of a bucket when a horse goes in for a drink. I've seen many a horse take one attempt at a bucket, catch his shanks on the side and then back off. That's something I like about the little 4" shanks on the English hackamore, they barely stick down past the horse's face.

Kaboot had a strong reaction to any leverage and he considered the English Hackamore more severe than a snaffle with running martingale. They're all individuals. A friend of mine rode with a bit till the horse calmed down then went to the English hack. If it had been Kaboot and me we'd have started with the hack for control then switch to the snaffle.

Angie McGhee

Visa, MasterCard, AMEX & Discover. Compare Offers & Apply Online. Click here!