Re: [RC] wec - Carla Richardson

Hi Hans!

Thank you for writing, it is so rare that we get posts from outside the US, with a different viewpoint, thank you, thank you!  Or would that be muchas gracias.. (please excuse my poor espanol...)

I wish the US WEC endurance would be held at the Old Dominion site, or another technical trail, but I think Angie is correct, those who are highly motivated to win and have the cash could buy the horses to win.  I'm glad that most endurance riders -- and I think this is probably true all over the world? -- ride and care for their own horses, and many are their own trainer, crew, driver, etc.  The riders who are simply jockeys for their mounts are missing out on a lot, I think.  There's certainly nothing wrong with having a lot of money, and spending it to create a winning team, don't get me wrong!  If I was rolling in dough, maybe I'd do that.  I'd sponsor people to ride top horses, for the thrill of watching them run.  But that's what the racing world is, owners, trainers, jockeys, all separate, each with their own job.  The joy of endurance, imho, is the joy of being all in one, at one with your horse.

And Hans, your English is SO much better than my Spanish.  I had years of Spanish in school, over and over I learned vocabulary, so I know quite a few words but can't make a coherent sentence, at least above elementary level.  :-)

Carla Richardson
Colorado