Re: [RC] Cias' response regarding Oso Peppy - martha merriam

I will crosspost this on COTH.  I was very hesitant to post the link initially on ridecamp, however as time went on and no one responded on that board and the auction deadlie only a few hours away, I decided to do so.  I am so sorry for any misleading information and the others are as well. Having just lost my buddy, I know one of the strongest bonds we have is with our endurance horses.  We care so deeply about them and this appeared to be an endurance horse in need.  Couldn't let it go without saying something.

Martha
--- On Fri, 11/21/08, Tom Sites <goearth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Tom Sites <goearth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] Cias' response regarding Oso Peppy
To: "ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 8:01 AM

Tom, Thanks for letting me see this, this is the real story.

Just to set the record straight:
We sold Peppy to a young girl here in our area for a 4-H pony. She out grew him so the family wanted to sell him to buy a more suitable mount for their young daughter. They loved Pep and were very choosey who they would sell him to. After a year or so they decided to put him in the local auction and monitored it closely. He sold to another young girl and will be boarded with a friend right here in the area.
 Pep was not dumped at the auction, he has been well cared for and always was, Peppy did not earn any medals for me, although he has the heart of a medal winner. He had never been overseas, that is my horse Catch A Wave who won the Silver and Gold medals and was overseas. Peppy is healthy and sound to this day and is going to make another little girl very happy.
That is the story on Oso Peppy.
Please pass this on.
Cia