[RC] Calamity Jane - Tom Sites

Kerry,  We re-created something Will Tevis did in 1932 of how far 1 person could ride 4 horses in a 24 hr. period.  None of us could ride as far as he did in 10 hrs.  We used AERC Vet criteria and gates into holds.  We raised over $5K for St. Judes Childrens Hospital tho.

The article does not say what town Calamity Janes 'Race' was held in but Deadwood does seem fitting.  I got to thinking 11 shots of whiskey would about knock anyone down if it was in less than an hour but the article does not say shots its says "take a drink"  and it does not say of what, but i assumed rot gut whiskey.  There are rules that need to be discussed and understood but i'd love to see it re-created.  There are only 2 horses i know that i'd do something like this on and Jose Dante is dead and Buster is owned by Bruce Burnham and he's a Mormon and may not approve of such a 'race'.

Lets talk some more.  I can be reached at goearth at shentel dot net.  tom sites