RE: [RC] stall rest - Kristen A Fisher

I think that if I had just spent $1000 bucks on shockwave and the vet said, "stall rest and hand walking" that I would NOT go ahead and turn the horse out anyway.

Some injuries and their treatments do require that mobility be limited in order to be effective.

Kristen

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dolores Arste
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 1:29 PM
To: ridecamp
Subject: Re: [RC] stall rest

"I'm afraid I'm not a big believer in stall confinement as a healing tool.  Nature is a great healer."

Perhaps our Dr Bruce will correct me but as I understand it there is no equivalent for Stall Confinement
in human medicine. The rule is to get them up and moving as soon as possible. And, as my
husband says aren't horses and humans both mammals?

Warmly
Dolores Arste
Zen Horsemanship
Middle Grove, NY 12850

tel: (518) 882-6485
fax: (518) 602-9213
site: www.zenhorsemanship.com

Co-Author: 101 Ways to Improve Your Life
Improve Your Life with Horses and Zen.
Zen: Always the Beginner - Coaching Begins with You