Re: [RC] Keeping warm at your neighbors' expense - Diane Trefethen

Hi Mike - I apologize for sounding hostile - I didn't mean to. Definitely my bad. Guess I've been on Ridecamp too long because it seems like this subject has come up quite a few times and some of the proponents of all night gens are not as considerate as you.

I really like your personal choice for keeping warm. I don't have a dog but do have a cat that will tap me on the face for permission to crawl in under the covers. Don't think I want to take him camping though.

As another poster pointed out, setting aside an area for all night gens is not always feasible but even where it is, that is an RM choice. I think the individual rider has the responsibility to arrive at a ride prepared to go the night gen free.

Hi Diana - cpap.com has four battery packs, small, light weight and designed to get one through the night. Cost is under $300. In addition to allowing one to sleep comfortably when there is a power outage, CPAP.com General Manager says," We have seen a great need to bring a small, lightweight and low cost battery option to our customers. Although the machine are moving in a travel friendly direction, the battery packs have not kept pace. Our battery pack will free CPAP users from the power grid, so they can camp and enjoy other outdoor activities while still receiving therapy when and where they choose.”