RE: [RC] Keeping warm at your neighbors' expense - Karen Standefer

There are NOT generators that don't produce fumes, however. Fumes are very unhealthy for people and animals.  The following article is about carbon monoxide poisoning.  But, gasoline exhaust also contains several other toxins that are carcinogenic (cadmium being a major one).  I don't want my horses (or me) exposed to generator fumes.

http://www.trexgenerators.com/includes/pr/Press_Release_4-20-07.htm

"The CDC reported that a small portable generator will produce the carbon-monoxide of six idling cars, a reality that surprises many consumers. Carbon-monoxide levels can be compounded with generator use because the gas is especially heavy and tends to linger, making it difficult to remove from an infected area."

Karen

From: Diana Peterson

ohh my goodnessssssss....this is so not right.
THERE ARE GENERATORS that are  quiet...the Honda 3000i is very quiet.
At CTR rides we just have the people who run them all night in on corner of the field and the "others" who's sleep will get disturbed when hearing
a noise at night go the other direction.
Problem solved.

I for example have a CPAP machine   . I can hardly breath at night without it. So i do run a generator.

Diana ,TX