Re: [RC] polish arabs and saddle fit - Elizabeth Walker

I hear you!  I've ridden for several decades :) but yesterdays dressage lesson was in trying to learn how to sit the canter so that I didn't smack my horses' back.   I was so proud of Caisson - my instructor said that she usually doesn't try to "fix" this in a regular lesson, but rather on the lunge with a trained lesson horse.  Still, Caisson did a pretty good imitation.  He stayed on the circle and in a fairly even tempo - never trying to rush off - so I was able to really concentrate on following directions.  Sigh - all these years, and I still have basic problems.