Re: [RC] Hard Headed Horses (Update) - Kathy Mayeda

I took Drako to a trailer-loading playday.  He's not a problem loader
normally, just that I have a problem sending him into a strange
trailer "Parelli-Style".

I have absolutely no problem walking him into my trailer normally, but
yesterday was a totally different story.

25 horses, 12 different trailers, different people handling him made
him a little stressed out and he did not load easily for anyone into a
strange trailer "Parelli-Style" with that many horses being loaded and
unloaded all around him.   I still felt good to take him to this
playday because the goal was to make your horse loadable into any
trailer under the duress of an evacuation.... in view of all the fires
we've been having.  So I had to spend a little time getting him
de-stressed about getting back into his own trailer using our normal
method.

Other people were having the more "normal for them" problem of their
horses not understanding being led into the trailer!

I'm putting the quotation marks there because it's really just normal
"natural horsemanship", maybe with the ultimate goal being able to
load while you're sitting ffrom the top of your trailer. Hehehehe.....

I'm not a born-again Parelli  person, but I do enjoy having this kind
of group support for training.  Our club was featured in the Parelli's
Savvy Chronicles this month.  I'm the only person in this club that's
an endurance rider, but have enabled a few riders in this club to go
on LD rides.

http://www.bayareasavvyplayers.org/

K.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Michelle Aquilino