[RC] GPS Batteries - tom noll

Kathy, et al:

I use rechargeable batteries in my GPS (Garmin eTrex LegendC).  I have used rechargeable AA batteries for years.  My GPS has a switch in the System, Setup screen where you can identify the type of battery -- NiMH for rechargeable or Alkaline for disposable.  The switch tells the GPS not to show low battery for the lower voltage of a rechargeable battery.  The rechargeable batteries seem to have plenty of life for a long 50.  I use batteries with either a 2000 or 1500 mAh rating.  Please feel free to write if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Tom Noll
SW Idaho