Re: [RC] American Endurance - Truman Prevatt

Leonard.Liesens@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi ridecampers, What is wrong with the 2010 venue? Too flat? Too easy?

It's outside of Lexington, KY at the KY Horse Park. A beautiful park but basically flat to a little roll. It will be fast.

Actually, I think this is the core difference between the grass-roots
AERC-style endurance and the FEI-style endurance. My own opinion is
that the flat-track style **is** the priority for the WEC type races. If that is wrong, someone please correct me. (Note: I didn't say
FEI. I believe there are plenty of "technical" FEI rides. I'm
talking specifically about the WEC venue(s), which I believe tend to
conform to the UAE flat-track style).

I think there are vast differences in the US and Europe. The US has the AERC which represents endurance on the armature recreational level. The only need for FEI is for US riders to qualify for championship races like the WEC. In Europe the FEI seems to play the role of the AERC in many respect. Also the US is huge and the AERC encompasses both the US and Canada. European countries are about the size of many US states and hence there is a much greater need for an international based organization to organize endurance rides - hence the need for something like the FEI in Europe.

Truman

--

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken