Re: [RC] American Endurance - Truman Prevatt

Elizabeth Walker wrote:
Actually, I think this is the core difference between the grass-roots AERC-style endurance and the FEI-style endurance. My own opinion is that the flat-track style **is** the priority for the WEC type races. If that is wrong, someone please correct me. (Note: I didn't say FEI. I believe there are plenty of "technical" FEI rides. I'm talking specifically about the WEC venue(s), which I believe tend to conform to the UAE flat-track style).

In this country - there is no reason to have FEI rides except to qualify for championship rides like the WEC. Up until about 1996 we could use AERC rides for all the qualification for the FEI championship rides. After that time qualifications had to be done at FEI rides - hence the birth of the co-sanctioned AERC/FEI rides. If a rider doesn't care about the WEC or other FEI championship rides - they never need to do an FEI ride. If they do - they have to do FEI rides. The FEI rides in the US have taken pains so that riders can make a COC at their rides - forget the Tevis it would not happen because you could not easily get a COC. If the FEI increases the COC speed - the FEI rides will have to acclimate and make easier for rides to get a COC of say 12 hours vs. 13:30.

In reality in the US FEI and WEC are basically the same. The FEI rides are there to get to the WEC.

Truman

--

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken