[RC] WEC... poor showing ??? - Leonard.Liesens

Title: WEC... poor showing ???

Hi all,

At every WEC, as far as I remember, it is on ridecamp the same story. But it is just one or two people who have the tendency to critisize their team. Grass is always greener... you know that.

We do almost the same all the time here in Belgium, a very very small country with some jealousy between people. But this should not happen in a country like USA...

Also you should not compare with the 3 Gulf countries. As Marian said, there is a bit difference in the money they spent and dedication.

France who was pointed as a favoorite didn't do too well, but was also unlucky when Atger was eliminated for lameness, otherwise they could compete seriously for the silver or bronze. Belgium once again started too fast :-( But the women who finished 9th (the first non UAE trained horse!!!) did a terrific job with her gelding. This WEC was just her 3rd 160... Figure out...

There is just one thing that I have trouble with : this is the number of eliminations for lameness. The trail was OK, the speed wasn't excessive, so what went wrong ? Even many horses pulled at 1st or 2nd vetgate for lameness. Maybe they were already so-so at the start.

Anyway, congratulation for the US riders to complete in a decent place with two riders, given what happened to the others. This is just bad luck. This time I had the impression that the US team had a strategy and a program (Becky's huge experience and the respect she got from the riders).

So 2 more years to wait for Kentucky

Leonard, Belgium