Re: [RC] Malaysia-WEC: Becky Hart, USA Chef's blog - Steph Teeter

Thanks Angie! I've been trying to come up with a diplomatic response to this... and failed. I really wish 'our country' could get behind 'our riders' and show a little team spirit. I know there are quite a few riders in the US that do not approve of International competition - but aren't there a few of you out there that are proud of our riders and our team? This is as close to 'the top', the Olympic level, as our athletes will get. Even though the FEI has some issues, this is still the one event where the best of the best around the world come together. The amount of work and dedication to get to this level is massive, as is the work and commitment to do your best - to represent your country well - once you are chosen to do so.

Steph

On Nov 3, 2008, at 8:12 AM, rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> [...]

Oh good grief, give'em a break. Truman knows better than to jump on board that idea. These guys are having to go to meetings, live out of a suitcase, deal with fatigue from time zones, travel out to check out the trail, etc. etc. Heck, when I crewed at the Pan Ams in 1995 we were required to take the horse's temperature ever so many hours and record it on a card in front of the stall, I believe they even took it during the night. ...little chores an approved crew member can do and let the rider try to get a little sleep. It's not like going to your average ride, setting up your awning and your vet check and kicking back with a cold drink.

Angie

____________________________________________________________ Fly cheap! Click here for great airfare deals.