[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] [USA: Kathy Brunjes] Monday morning in KT - Endurance.Net

Hi everyone
well, I just received an email from a friend in Maine to tell me that Tom did well at the Ft Valley rides...1st and 5th on Tektonic (Tee's full brother) and WE WON THE RAFFLE MARE!!!! Tom is bringing home another Asgard to join Tektonic and Theatric...woohoo!!We had our night ride last evening...the stables reopened at 8:00 and we were mounted and on our way at 8:30 - Cheryl and I together, John and Jan together - Meg and Flavia did not ride. The Canadians and Japanese went with us. We did our whole loop - Cheryl and I rode with no lights, and led the pack. The Canadians were lit up like Christmas trees....we shortly let them go by, they were just too "bright" . Good ride - Steph Teeter was out at our water stop taking pictures. At one point, coming around the chicken houses, we heard someone behind us, and Cheryl turned around and asked "Hello, who's there?" and there was no answer....so we looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders, and Cheryl asked again "Hello? who is back there?" and this tiny voice comes out the darkness - very hushed and very hesitant - "my name is Sasaki" - (on Cameo, for the Japanese) - you really had to be there, because the way he said it - as if he was afraid toidentify himself -but we started laughing and giggling and Sasaki rode with us the rest of the way - probably wondering what was up with those two women....Horses cooled down quickly, and both Reason and Tee were in the 40s by the time we hit the stalls....late supper for them and we left the barn at 10:30 to get back to the hotel after 11:00Deb Bullis and Ann Crandell have arrived - John and I waited for them before we left for the stables last night. We are all at breakfast right now laughing that Jan and Grace's car smells funny - their little toaster car - and we just found out that they have a buoy in the trunk with barnacles on it..that they picked up on the beach. Last night on the way home from the stables, Jim and Becky told us that the posters/banners that line the road into the venue had been changed that day, and the old ones were lying on the ground under the new ones. Well, we made Cheryl hop out and pick them up and we scored 9 posters....way to go - of course, she had to hum the Mission Impossible song the whole time she was jumping out of the car and throwing them in at Meg and me....that's it for now...hand walk the horses this morning, and riding in the afternoon - looks like it might rain again today - good news, no rain last night, but humidity topped 90% with temp at 80 degrees when we were riding. Kathy

--
Posted By Kathy to USA: Kathy Brunjes at 10/27/2008 07:21:00 AM

--
Posted By Endurance.Net to Endurance Riding: News at 10/26/2008 04:22:00 PM