Subject: Re: [RC] Diatomaceous's Earth for worming?
From: "Kathy Mayeda" <klmayeda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, October 25, 2008 2:06 am
To: nutzo4horses@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I haven't used DE, but I believe there had been studies proving that it's not too effective.  I am in a public boarding place in pasture, so I feel that the use of ivermectin is very important because of the lack of pristine manure control and the comings and goings of horse population in the pasture means that there's continual chance of worm infestation.

With a closed herd, I'm sure that deworming can be decreased significantly with proper management.

K.