[RC] [USA: Kathy Brunjes] Friday night in Malaysia - Kathy

Hi everyone
another rainy night - we drove to the Noor Arfa batik factory/craft bizarre tonight on the way home from the stables and it was raining very hard...Heather, just like last year on race day. Then I told Jim, Becky and Cheryl and Stewart the foaming britches story and we were laughing like fools in that truck. John was driving the toaster car that Grace and Jan rented, so then we got laughing about the "toaster people" - we laughed so hard we missed our turn into the hotel to drop off Alfredo and Flavia...who were riding in the back of the truck getting wet from the rain. What a bunch we are!We bought some presents at the Noor Arfa and Jim got a batik silk shirt for the banquet. A busy day at the stables and we rode this afternoon - all of us. Theatric's legs are looking really good, and the ultrasound looked good, so we are all happy. We did a training ride of trotting and walking intervals for our 10.4 km training loop. The loop goes through tobacco drying kilns/sheds and tobacco fields (ugly) and chicken houses and lettuce fields and tomato fields and some weird squash patch...of course, we also go through a little village with all the little houses with the dirt yards and a million kids around - all riding bicycles. It's not a particularly pretty loop - we have a key-hole part to our loop which can let us add enough to stretch our loop to 16 km. Whoohoo... We have two water stops on our loop, and a lot of road - some of it paved. Again, not a very pretty loop for training.Flavia and rode together on Flame and Theatric. They pace well together - and both horses walk so fast, we left the others behind just at the walk. Meg, Jan and Cheryl rode together, and John joined us later - he just got a late start for the ride. It felt wonderful to be on Theatric. We had our trot-outs pre and post ride. We left the stables at 2:30 and were back at around 4:00. Tomorrow we ride in the morning and then hand walk in the afternoon. We have the BBQ/welcome party at the Sutra tomorrow night. We are all tired - it was a long day for those of us with early morning barn duty. I have asked to be on the early shift every morning, because I'm usually up so early anyway. It gives me a chance to have extra time to work on Tee's legs and get him cleaned up. Off to bed! Will fill you in on our BBQ. Hi to everyone in the States (and our Canadian friends)Kathy

--
Posted By Kathy to USA: Kathy Brunjes at 10/25/2008 06:04:00 AM