[RC] Trail Master Course in Florida - Truman Prevatt

While we are talking about trail preservation and the AERC Trails Masters Course - there is one being offered in the Sunny Florida Sandhills in December. Brooksville is centrally located to some of the best beaches in the world (Clearwater) and the world famous attractions in Orlando for those that would like to make it a vacation.

AERC Trail Masters Course

Offered in Brooksville, Florida
Near I-75, midway between Ocala and Tampa

December 11-14, 2008
Thursday through Sunday

This course teaches the student the proper techniques for the layout and
design and construction and maintenance of sustainable trails with
minimal environmental impact. Participants will be those of you who
desire to work with land managers to help develop sustainable equestrian
trails systems on public lands.

This course is sponsored by the American Endurance Ride Conference
(AERC). Florida Forever Back Country Horsemen, Inc. (FFBCH), a Florida
chapter of the Back Country Horsemen of American, is working with AERC
to coordinate this effort with the support of the Withlacoochee State
Forest, a division of the Florida Department of Forestry.

Cost for AERC members is $120 to purchase equipment needed for the
course. The class is limited to 10 AERC members on a first come, first
serve basis. There will also be space for two land managers to attend.
The class is four full days with a half day of classroom presentation
and a half day in the field each day.

To sign up for this course or get more information, contact Truman
Prevatt at tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call (352) 650-1867. Please let us
know as soon as possible if you are interested in attending this class.
Include your name, address, email address and phone number. The $120.00
equipment fee is due to us to by 1 November 2008.

The course will be held 4 miles from the intersection of US 98 and I75
(exit 301 on I75). There are a number of lodging options in that
vicinity. Motels include Hampton Inn, Best Western, Days Inn and Holiday
Inn Express. There are a couple of local B&Bs and there is a RV
campground within a mile of the course in the Withlacoochee State Forest
Silver Lake campground complex. There are also a number of AERC members
in the area who you may want to contact for a place to stay.

We would like to thank AERC for providing this course.

We would also like thank Winnie Schreiber, Forest Supervisor of
Withlacoochee State Forest (WSF), Ken Mclaughlin, Director of Recreation
WSF, and Mark Good, Supervisor of the Croom Tract of the WSF for their
help and support in this effort.

--

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”