Re: [RC] why not to tie your horse in the trailer - Elizabeth Walker

That's interesting - as I was taught to tie the head last when loading, and untie first when unloading. The reason for that was that if the horse started to back out and hit the end of the rope, it would be more likely to panic and start pulling back & scrambling around due to the sudden restraint. Based on the few times I've forgotten to untie before unloading - I can state that is pretty accurate.

No quibble about letting them get their heads down. My trailer has mangers - my next one (assuming I can ever afford one) will not, for just that reason.