[RC] IV's - Anna Wolfe

I can certainly understand why giving the travel weary horses in Malaysia IVs was a good idea.  However, I have heard it mentioned as a possibility to be used at more local rides in this country.  It worries me a bit that it might become the standard of someone trying to do all you can for your horse – to be kind to it – or “just in case”.  I wonder if it will become the case that “responsible” owner/riders will be giving IVs before rides, just as we now (nearly) all give electrolytes, and more and more think the best thing for your horse is to give Adequan before rides.  Are IVs next?

Anna Wolfe

Des Moines, NM