[RC] Malaysia WEC: Brunjes - Tuesday in Malaysia - Steph Teeter

From: Kathy Brunjes <brunjesk@xxxxxxxxx> Date: October 21, 2008 8:12:26 PM GMT+08:00

Hi all
overcast all day - no rain but looked like it all day. VERY VERY HUMID. So humid, you just drip. Horses seem to be handling it though - even if we looked like soaked rats walking them. Flavia today was too funny when she gasped how hot and humid it was. Horses were walked twice - Meg and I had early morning duties (we fed the horses, then turned them out and started cleaning stalls before everyone arrived), and the others arrived by 10:00. Meg and I made up three extra turnouts from the fence stakes and tape I brought...as long as they don't have electricity to them, Zulu said we could do it. So we have more space to turnout the horses (since there are only 8 paddocks for 14 horses). I turned Tee out in one of the portable ones we made, so he had a bit more room to move around. Really, the paddocks made for the barns are no bigger than a large stall.

Walked quite a bit of the white training loop this morning. Lunch was pretty good - we had chocolate cake and really good blueberry ice cream. Jim walked Tee this afternoon, because he said he had the cake and ice cream...Becky walked Sonny for the same reason (she said). John and I got our horses' feed made up for supper and took the shuttle back to the hotel early - I napped for almost two hours. The AC was off in the hotel lobby for the afternoon while the workers were doing things to the hotel (this hotel is literally being put up and finished around us - daily we are seeing new things added, built or finished).

Jan and I were interviewed by one of the local Malaysian television stations....

The horses look great....all are eating and drinking tons of water.

We are having a team meeting right now, so I've got to go...talk to you all later
Kathy