[RC] Hard Headed Horses - Nikki McCormack

When my little Arabian refused to trailer, the trainer came to my house and we stood on either side of him and each popped him steadily on the butt with a riding crop.  Not hard enough to hurt, just hard enough to be annoying.  If he moved toward the trailer, we would let up for a moment as a reward, if he backed away, we would increase the force.  It took a long time, but eventually he got in, at which point, we let him out and did it again.  Now I just send him in and he goes into the trailer first without hesitation.  Your results may vary.  And if you have a horse that kicks, I would solve that problem before trying this.