[RC] Through another's eyes - Ranelle Rubin

Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking my good friend Lynelle Robertson on one off my favorite trail rides near Lake Tahoe. She drove two and a half hours to meet me at a trailhead on Spooner Summit in NV. When she arrived, she had been followed by a few drizzles and a big black cloud as she made her way eastward up into the Sierra's. We decided to give it a go anyway, figuring if the weather got nasty, we could always turn around and head back. It is a fairly protected valley we were planning to travel, so I felt pretty safe chancing it. As it turned out, the weather was perfect for a fall ride through the golden aspens!

She had never ridden Fellow, but had ridden literally hundreds of miles behind him on her mare. The best part of the day for me was when we crested the hill and she had her first view of Marlette Lake. All she could say was, "Oh my God, oh my God..." I was laughing so hard...cause I knew she would love it, and had never ridden in such a beautiful place. Second to that was her response to his smooth trot.."This is not fair.." was all she could say..it was priceless. Fellow took very good care of her, as did she of him. I had a blast on Ranger..my "little boy"..I laugh myself silly every time I ride him.

I have ridden that trail and the surrounding areas many times through the years, but yesterday had to be in the top five as far as enjoyment...!

I posted some pictures on My-endurance.net of her on Fellow and me on Ranger, my 5 yr old Doc son..enjoy!

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. ~ John Wayne

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx