[RC] Jerusalem Artichoke as a forage? - jamie ward

My dad has been talking about Jerusalem Artichokes and that many place's use the tops   for a livestock/horse feed I have decided to start looking into it, as the cost of hay around here is 250-300 a ton at the feed stores and is looking at going up for the winter, I was wondering if any research has been done with horses esp endurance horses, also can horses eat the tuber's as well? Below are links i have found  but mostly it it for livestock (cows etc...)  Their is a table comparing them to BP, corn and alfalfa in the first link . Dad has great  conditions for growing them so it would be ideal ...

I am now a Mary Kay consultant ask me about your facial and free makeup!!

The only thing we learn from history, I am afraid, is that we do not learn from history -Ron Paul

http://jamers1220.tripod.com/  for info  on spirit beads and ride story's .

"Having a jealous wife means if you come home with a hair on your coat, you'd better have the horse to match."