Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 00:44:23 -0400
From: mustanglady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Disappearing 100's & Race of Champions

Just to echo what Cindy said about the Race of Champions.  It's what got me to start doing 100's in the late 80's.  I remember LOTS of riders doing 100's just so they could qualify for the ROC.  And yes, I'm sure it cost a TON of money, but Susan was also great at getting BIG sponsors.  Like a horse trailer as an award for 1st place (won by Becky & Rio).  The entry fee wasn't cheap either......but people were willing to pay it, because it was a GREAT event.   With the right marketing strategy and people, maybe AERC could replicate it someday.  All it takes are some BIG sponsors!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Naomi Preston