[RC] 100 mile rides are disappearing - Dunn, Meghan

I have been trying to do a hundred mile ride for several months now. It seems though that in the central region all 100 mile rides are disappearing. I counted yesterday and figured out that five years ago there used to be 8 hundred mile rides in our region. Now there are 2 a year. This year one had to be cancelled so there was only one. What is the reasoning for this? Do people not want to do them anymore? Also, the number of rides a year is diminishing as well. It seems now that if you want to be nationally competitive in our sport you have to travel to the east or west coast. Is this just me or do others feel the same way.

Meghan Dunn

Central Region