Re: [RC] Malaysia's WEC :Some wild predictions ! - Steph Teeter

Ok Nik, we'll take it! Not a bad prediction. The USA is focusing on a team medal rather than individual medals. Three of the US group rode the 160km last November (John Crandell, Meg Sleeper, Kathy Brunes) and Valerie was there to observe. I think it really really helps to know what you're up against. I have high hopes for them this year! UAE will probably have a good shot at an individual medal - they are masters at flat courses in high temps and NASCAR type crewing! So much will depend on the weather - if it rains and the temps are cooler the odds will even out. I rode the Sultans Cup 2 years ago and it was hot and humid all night, just a few bursts of rain - this was a different ride from the Sultans Cup '07!

But - Malaysia might have an impressive team showing also. It is totally amazing that you managed to qualify 12 riders in the short time that you had to do it in (9 months?). And you guys know how to ride in the tropics better than anybody else... that's a fact.

I'll be headed your way in a week or so - can't wait!

Steph