Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.6211 Doing a 100 - Chipnml

Amen to Julie's statement.  My horse Dezi is certainly no super-horse.  We usually finish at the back of the pack.  But he has learned to eat and drink well, and he's just a really fun horse to ride...just trots and lopes along on a loose reiin, with a just a sidepull.  One of my biggest regrets is I didn't do a 100 with Cheers, mainly  because I just kept putting it off.  I decided I wasn't going to let that happen again, so when Dezi was going well the second season we did our first 100. I figured "why not?"  It's not like I'm the type of rider to ride him past his capabilities, so the worst thing that could happen is I would pull.  As it turned out we did complete that ride, and it was just an unbelievably awesome experience.  No matter how much you try, you just cannot describe it!

Chip